Resources for parents and educators in Southington, Plantsville, Marion and Milldale
ABC – Adjustment to Baby Challenges Support Circle
Free support group for mothers expecting and with new babies.
Circle meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Babes in arms are welcome to be brought to this group, as well as young walkers at your discretion. No childcare is available onsite at this time.
Call for Information: (860)490-3120 Amanda Salvo, Facilitator for ABC
(860)385-1574 Jackie Levin, LMFT, MF, MA, Facilitator
BE here Now Yoga & Fitness Studios, 134 Elm Street
Web Site: https://www.facebook.com/Adjustment-to-Baby-Challenges-Support-Circle-of-Southington-340287266714981
All About Birth
Professional Birth & Postpartum Doula - Cindy lou Burgess C.D. & C.B.E., firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: http://www.allaboutbirth.net
Lactation Services of Southington
Lactation Services of Southington provides private lactation consultations in your home for you and your new baby from pre-natal through weaning. They offer breast pump rentals and sales They also host a mother-to-mother breastfeeding support group for mothers and babies called Milk Mates which meets once a month in the morning and evening, and a Baby Weigh and Stay clinic.
Patrice Jones,, PAC, IBCLC, email@example.com
Web Site: http://lactationservicesofsouthington.com/
Paper Crane Birth Services
Vanessa E. Hawke, CCCE
Maternal Support Practitioner (Trained, Bebo Mia)
Based in Southington, serving all of Connecticut
Doula support - Informational, emotional, and physical support throughout pregnancy, labor, and birth.
Childbirth education - Private, custom childbirth classes tailored to fit your needs.
Phone: (860) 384-7532
Web Site: https://www.papercranebirth.com/
Safe Haven for Newborns
The CT Safe Havens Act For Newborns is a law that allows anyone to safely drop off a newborn baby, within the first 30 days of life, to any hospital emergency room in Connecticut, without being subject to arrest for abandonment.
The closest Safe Haven drop off points are at the Hospital of Central CT Bradley campus on Meriden Ave, Bristol Hospital and Midstate Medical Center. ,
Web Site: http://uwc.211ct.org/safe-haven-for-newborns-act/
The Parent & Child Center at Bristol Hospital
The Parent & Child Center at Bristol Hospital offers a variety of services.
- Parent Support Center - Families can "drop in" during program hours to discuss struggles and challenges in their lives or use the Resource Library
- The Caring Closet offers basic need items – diapers, wipes, baby food, clothing and other baby items – to low-income clients.
- The Nurturing Families Network provides assistance and support to new, first-time parents during pregnancy and beyond, by answering questions, providing tips on how to care for your baby and yourself, and offering information on community resources that can help you.
- The Positive Parenting Program (Triple P) Family Enrichment Services provides in-home parenting education that increases parenting skills using tools designed to assist in gauging monthly progress.
- The Family Life Works Program provides parenting education and child development classes throughout Connecticut.
- The Family Wellness Program’s goal is to prevent childhood obesity by promoting family nutrition and healthy physical activity for low-income families.
- Home-Based Parent Education Services for families who are either not appropriate for group-based classes or need additional services.
9 Prospect Street
Web Site: https://www.bristolhospital.org/Services/Parent-and-Child-Center.aspx