The Early Childhood Collaborative of Southington and the Southington Police Department present a Child Car Seat Safety Check on Saturday, August 20, 2022, from 8 am to noon.
Vehicles are inspected on a first-come, first-served basis at this free event.
Certified child passenger safety seat officers will:
• Check the car seat to see if it’s expired or recalled
• Obtain the height and weight of the child
• Adjust harness straps to fit the child before the installation occurs
• Install the seat while making sure to teach and answer questions
Any installation or usage issues identified during the car seat safety check will be corrected and the police will not be issuing tickets for car seat violations.
Connecticut’s Car Seat regulations list age and weight, the child must meet both requirements:
• Rear-facing until age 2 AND 30 pounds.
• Car seat with a 5-point harness or rear-facing until age 5 AND 40 pounds
• Booster or car seat until age 8 AND 60 pounds.