Sparkler is a free mobile app for Connecticut families with children 0-5 and programs serving those families. It is available to use in English or Spanish, iOS or Android, smartphone or tablet.
The Sparkler mobile app allows families to:
- Know: Understand your child’s development with the mobile Ages & Stages Questionnaires® (ASQ)
- Play: Spark learning with fun, off-screen activities to play together and tips for parents
- Grow: Follow your child’s progress in your Sparkler scrapbook
- Connect: Get tips and answers from experts at 211 Child Development or your school/provider
Camp Sparkler is a free 8-week virtual camp program for all CT families with children 1.5 through aged 5 via the Sparkler app starting the week of July 4, 2022.
- Learn Through Play: Each week, there’s a new theme and five play-based learning activities. One of the activities per week is a “culminating activity” that families can work on all week. For example, Week 1 is astronaut week for 3-5 year olds; the culminating activity is a pretend space walk at the International Space Station.
- Story Times: Each week, there will also be a Facebook Live story time from a CT librarian on the weekly theme. Participating families will receive badges and prizes.
Download Sparkler from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Enter an “access code” on the first step to link your account. Please see the list below for Southington codes.
SPARKLER Access Codes for Southington
|Any child living in Southington or Plantsville not attending a program listed below.
|Family Resource Center of Southington
|Margaret Griffin CDC
|My Little Rascals
|Saint Dominic Child Care Center
|Southington Public Schools – Integrated Preschool
|Village Green Nursery School
|YMCA Learning Center
|Please use the code Southington if your child is not attending a school or program with their own code.
The ECCS Director will have access to summary information about families in town using Sparkler.
- Charts of developmental milestones at 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 24, 30, 36, 48 and 60 months.
- Ages & Stages – What happens Next Handout (English) – PDF
- Ages & Stages – What happens Next Handout (Spanish) – PDF
- Developmental Screening (English) – On YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihMUtXgWcm4
- Developmental Screening (Spanish) – On YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZmdK-nI3zg
- About Sparkler (English) – On YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmTPMM-m17E
- About Sparkler (Spanish) – On YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xdpZsdiZGg
Thanks to the Main Street Community Foundation for funding the ECCS’s support of this initiative.